ELITE ATHLETE TRAVEL GRANT PROGRAM
Please see information below regarding the Elite Athlete Travel Grant Program from the Department of Planning and Community Development, Victorian Government.
This is a reminder that applications for the next funding are due by August 6th.
Applications are made online and grants are awarded in line with the guidelines found on the page link above.
Applications for the next funding period are due by August 6th.
See below some fast fact regarding the Elite Athlete Travel Grant Program.
1. What is the Elite Athlete Travel Grants Program?
The Elite Athlete Travel Grants Program provides grants of up to $2000 to assist elite Victorian athletes with travel to compete at national championships or international events.
1.1 Why is the Victorian Government funding these grants?
The Elite Athlete Travel Grants Program will assist high performing Victorian athletes with travel costs to national championships or international events to maximise their potential.
2. Who can apply?
Applications can be submitted by individual athletes who meet all of the following criteria:
• an elite athlete as defined in these guidelines
• a resident of Victoria
• a member of a State Sporting Association recognised by Sport and Recreation Victoria or National Sporting Organisation recognised by the Australian Sports Commission
• travelling to compete at a national championship or international event.
For the purposes of this funding program, an elite athlete is defined as:
• an athlete who commits significant time to training and competing in their sport as either an individual or team member, and is recognised by their State Sporting Association as a representative of Victoria or Australia eligible to compete at the highest level nationally and internationally.
3. What types of activities might be funded?
Grants from this program can be used for:
• travel and accommodation costs associated with competing at a national championship or international event.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ramone Cooper.
National Pathway Coordinator
Ski & Snowboard Australia
Level 2 | Icehouse
105 Pearl River Rd
Docklands Victoria 3008
P. +61 3 9696 2344
F. +61 3 9696 2399
M. +61 419 614 918